Monday 29 April 2013

FAKE THAT TAN

Seeing as the sun is starting to show its face, its time for me to top up that tan. Yes, I know, there's no way near enough sun for our skins to tan, well look no further, I am going to tell you the best products you can use this summer for a great, non-streaky, FAKE tan.
I have spent years trying different products and brands, I've had many days of having to walk around with streaky skin and many people looking at how awfully orange my feet are. I just couldn't find the right one that did what it said on the bottle. I've tried instant tans, gradual tans and wash off tans but it wasn't until I tried St. Moriz I was finally happy with the outcome.
To be honest, I probably thought the products I was using at the time looked great, but sadly looking back I can see that just wasn't the case.
I've used three different products of St. Moriz and I love each of them:
Firstly, I used the INSTANT SELF TANNING MOUSSE which is very easily to apply. You can either put the mousse straight onto your skin or squeeze it into the tanning mitt and rub it evenly across your body. It dries within seconds and doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky and it most certainly doesn't leave behind an AWFUL smell. I used the mousse in Medium, but the Dark isn't much darker so depending on the colour you want your skin you can decide on that yourself. This is a wear off tan, so it's better to go for the lighter colour and apply more and then next time buy the darker version.
The next one I tried was the INSTANT SELF TANNING MIST. At first I was a little bit cautious about using a mist/spray opposed to a cream or mousse. But I'd heard raving reviews on it so I thought I'd give it a go, whats the worst that could happen?! I've almost finished my bottle of this and I will definitely be buying another bottle. It doesn't leave streaks and is incredibly easy to apply. The way I do it is, spray it straight onto my body in a small spot and then rub it in across a larger area. Like the mousse the mist doesn't leave your skin all sticky and dries so quickly. 

The last one I have tried is the SHIMMERING BRONZING BODY SOUFFLE. This is good for after you've applied the instant wear off tans. If you've applied the instant ones previously and you just want to top it up quickly for a night out it is great. However, it has a glittery look to it when on the skin and I do prefer matte tans. I like it for a night out to define your legs but I wouldn't use it as an everyday look. Another good thing about it is that its a wash off so if you prefer a wash off tan then you have this option from their range. 

St. Moriz have more than just these three products and hopefully I'll get the chance to try some more in the near future and I'll add my thoughts on them too. For best results use a fake tan mitt (St. Moriz have their own available) this will stop you getting orange/dirty palms. Some fake tans will instantly wash off your hands but from first hand experience I really do think mitts are a fake tans best friend. Another great thing about all three of these products, even when they start to wear off they don't leave you're skin looking patchy and dry. When you've been wearing the tan for about a week, you will need to exfoliate your skin and clean the pores of all the tan, and then you can reapply the tan again.

The cheapest I have found St. Moriz is in Savers where the products are priced between £2.99 and £5.99. Leave a comment and I'd love to know what you think of the St. Moriz range, and any particular products you think I should give a go. 
xo

3 comments:

  1. I like St Moriz for a quick fix x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite tan in the Moose, so cheap and easy to apply!! xo

    Hannah xo| Glitter And Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how hard I try it never works for me,
    I either look like ive just splatted it on, and/or an umpa lumpa!
    Think its cus im SOOO pale haha.

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete