Tuesday 7 May 2013

May Must Haves!

So we're a week into May already and I only have two weeks left of University, YAY! Finding time to blog with all my work is really hard. But this evening I've made time to spruce up my blog a bit by giving it a new background thanks to SHABBYBLOGS.com and adding some new buttons so you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram, so go ahead follow, follow, follow!
In today's post I am going to share with you things I have bought in the last few weeks that are great bargains and must haves for everyone!

Firstly, I bought some lovely floaty tops from H&M for £7.99 each. I loved the style of the tops so much I bought 3. One in white, one in black and one in a black and white almost monochrome style. They are fitted vest like at the top with a gold zip on the back and are floaty from the waist down and are slightly longer at the back and cover your bum. They are great to wear with leggings and a jacket but can also be worn with jeans, shorts and even a tight midi skirt. Not bad for £7.99!
White.

Monochrome.
I recently saw Hannah over at Glitter and Sparkle featured some of the new MUA nail varnishes on her Instagram so I thought I'd give them a go. I bought the colour Natural Days, which is a very light baby pink. I love it. They are really pigmented and you only need two coats to get an even colour on your nails. The bottle design is a bit like the ESSIE range, just a lot less pricier! Essie are priced at about £8 per bottle and MUA are only a £1 per bottle and at this price I'm definitely going to be buying some more colours for the summer.

Another nail varnish I have bought is a BarryM Gelly Hi Shine. I have 2 of these already and absolutely love them. I don't find they are THAT different to the regular Barry M nail varnishes. They've brought out a lot of new colours in the Gelly range from when they first started doing them so I thought I'd give 314 Lychee a try. The colour is gorgeous, it's like a beigey creamy colour and looks really nice on both your fingers and toes. I also gave it a go with a bit of Seventeen by Boots Glitter Top Coat on top and they go great together! The Gelly Hi-shines are priced in Boots and Superdrug at £3.99 each.

With Glitter.
Next up is something I actually bought today. I'm fed up of having to use such a big suitcase to go home for the weekend. I'm not one for packing lightly so its great for long holidays like Christmas and Easter but when I'm going home for 4 days it just isn't needed. So today I asked my housemate where she got her holdall bag from as it looked big enough for my clothes, make up, straighteners, hair dryer etc in and she said it was from Primark. So after Uni I went for a gander, I found the exact same bag and it was only £2.50!! They do it in other colours but I liked the Black and White Polka Dot as it would go with what I'm wearing. I thought this bag is perfect to help take everything home for summer, it would make a great beach/pool bag on holiday, and would even be great on the plane! So I'm sure for £2.50 you could think of something it could be used for!

So there you have it. Some of my best buys from the last few weeks. I have to admit I haven't really bought that much else or at least nothing that would interest people!!  I will try and make some more time over the next week to post again! Leave your comments below as I love to read them!

Have a good week
xo

7 comments:

  1. Ahh thanks for the mention Zo! Hurry up home for summer!! :D I love the monocrome top and I definitely need a trip to primark soon. Im so in need of summer clothes!! xo

    Hannah xo | Glitter And Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both nude nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally thought they were Essie! :O Will have to check them out! Any nude polish is a winner in my book haha

    Nay
    xx

    http://highstreetmusictravelandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love the gelee collection too! More shine than normal for sure.
    I've just come over from bbunch blog. Following you by GFC now :)
    Robyn viav x vintageisavirtue blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello :) I love the nailpolishes, sooo cute :) Btw we have the same social networking flags, so snap!
    Catriona Louise x
    Sitting Under the Apple Tree ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the look of the MUA nail polish!
    Such a bargain at £1!!

    Found you via the Bloggers Bunch blog hop and have followed you :D

    Becca
    http://www.beccasfashionandlife.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that nail color !

    Great Post just followed!! found you through #bloggersbunch blog hop!

    www.elywrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete